3 cups of boiled lentils
1 small onion
3-5 cloves garlic
1 bunch parsley
chick peas flour 1-2 spoons
1 bunch of fresh parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
Fry the chopped onion just till golden brown. Mix all the ingredients, including the onion, the spices and the fresh parsley and pulse them with a blender into a patties and smooth paste. Make patties and place them on a greesed pan. Bake them for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat, first on one side, then turn them on the other side and bake for 15 minutes more or until both sides are brown.
Serve warm in any of these combinations.
1. with yogurt dip. To make the yogurt dip, mix yogurt, dill (preferably fresh and finely shopped), olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. with hummus (chickpeas and tahini dip)
3. with baba ganoush (eggplant and tahini dip)
5. with all of the above plus feta cheese and Israeli salad
6. on warm pita bread +shredded onions+ sliced tomatoes + yogurt dip. Optional, any of these ingredients: feta cheese, hummus, tahini, sliced cucumber, pickled cucumber, roasted eggplant, roasted peppers, tabouli, sprouts)